The Nova Tenant Management System (TMS) allows service providers to support multiple customers from a common interface. Using the Nova TMS, the service provider adds new customer tenants, and then delegates access to those tenants and the Nova platform. Here’s how the dashboard looks:
Just like in other areas of the Nova platform, you can add or remove widgets shown on the TMS dashboard. These widgets give an overview of what is happening across the service provider space.
You’ll notice some menu options on the left side of the page. Here’s what they do:
- My Organization: Displays your tenant hierarchy. Use this page to add, remove, edit tenants.
- My Associations: Select your default tenant or remove your access to a tenant.
- My Invitations: Invite someone to associate with the organization and delegate management rights to them. Use this page to view the status of invitations you send.
- Organization Groups: Create organization groups, and add/remove tenants from a group.
Here’s a video overview of the TMS user interface:
This article explains how to manage customer tenants and add tenant administrators.
Adding a customer tenant
Use the Nova Tenant Management System to add customer tenants. If you’re managing a lot of tenants, or if some of your customers have multiple tenants, you might need to organize the tenants into organization groups. Keep reading to learn how to manage customer tenants. Here’s how to add a new tenant to the TMS:
- On the My Organization page, click Add Child.
- Enter the organization name. We like to format this with the logical name, followed by the Office 365 tenant name in parenthesis. It looks like this: Organization Name (tenant)
- Select an organization type.
- Select the 2 check boxes, if desired, which allows the parent organization to view the child organization’s data and manage the child organization’s settings.
- Click Create.
Here’s a video showing how to add and manage customer tenants:
Adding a tenant administrator
You’ll want to invite someone from the organization to act as the tenant administrator. Follow the steps below to invite a tenant administrator.
- On the My Organization page, expand the organization hierarchy until you can select the tenant to which you’ll add a tenant administrator.
- Click Manage.
- Enter their email address and select the role(s) you want to assign to them.
They’ll receive an email invitation to access the application. When they follow the link in the email and accept the invitation, they’ll authorize Nova to access their tenant’s data and they’ll allow the setup process to be completed.
Note: If the invited user doesn’t receive an email, check the contents of any junk mail folder.
Here’s a video showing this process:
Additional notes about tenants
Here are some additional notes about the Tenant Management System:
- The individual who adds a tenant to TMS is automatically the tenant’s default association and system administrator until a different default association and administrator is assigned.
- If you want to change your default tenant, go to My Associations and click the circle icon for the tenant you want to set as your default organization.
- If you want to remove your association/access to a tenant, go to My Associations, and click the Remove association button next to that tenant.
- If you’re managing several tenants, you might want to organize them into groups using the Organization Groups page.