This article describes the minimum requirements for Quadrotech’s FSA Migrator on an existing Symantec Enterprise Vault environment. It describes:
- Preparing for installation – A Checklist
- FSA Migrator Application Server Requirements
- Symantec Enterprise Vault Requirements
- Microsoft SQL Server Requirements
Preparing for installation
In order to successfully deploy FSA Migrator, there are a number of components of the product, Enterprise Vault, and SQL Server that should be understood. Ensure you have information related to these items:
- Configuration details of the FSA Migrator Application Server. If this is on an EV server record On EV Server.
- Connection detail for the FSA Migrator Application Server. If this is on an EV server record the name and connection details.
- List of Enterprise Vault Servers and connection details
- SQL Server connection details for the location of the FSA Migrator database
- Enterprise Vault service account details
- Location of FSA Migrator binaries and license file
- Location on disk where FSA Migrator will be installed
FSA Migrator Application Server Requirements
Note: In smaller environments FSA Migrator can be installed on an Enterprise Vault server, provided it meets the specification below.
For enterprise installations, FSA Migrator should be installed on a separate server in order to fit the infrastructure and the performance needs.
The following is the recommended specification:
- Dual-Core Server, 4 GB RAM minimum. Can be a virtual machine.
- Windows Server 2008 R2 x64
- Microsoft .NET Framework 4.0 or later
- Enterprise Vault API Runtime – (Matching or higher than the Enterprise Vault version)
- Enterprise Vault Service Account needs to be local administrator on the FSA Migrator Application Server.
Symantec Enterprise Vault Requirements
If FSA Migrator is going to be used to archive on the destination site Enterprise Vault 10.0.2 is a requirement. This version of Enterprise Vault introduced the FSA API, which FSA Migrator uses to push data into a new environment.
The following versions of Symantec Enterprise Vault are supported:
|Version||Export?||Import to EV?|
|Enterprise Vault 6.0||Not supported||Not supported|
|Enterprise Vault 7.0||Supported||Not supported|
|Enterprise Vault 2007||Supported||Not supported|
|Enterprise Vault 8.0||Supported||Not supported|
|Enterprise Vault 9.0||Supported||Not supported|
|Enterprise Vault 9.0.1 – 9.0.4||Supported||Not supported|
|Enterprise Vault 10.0||Supported||Not supported|
|Enterprise Vault 10.0.1||Supported||Not supported|
|Enterprise Vault 10.0.2||Supported||Supported|
|Enterprise Vault 10.0.3||Supported||Supported|
|Enterprise Vault 10.0.4||Supported||Supported|
Microsoft SQL Server Requirements
FSA Migrator stores configuration and replication information in a SQL database. For small environments this can be on the same SQL Server as the Enterprise Vault Directory Database (or Vault Store databases).
Note: In larger deployments it is preferred to have this database on a dedicated SQL Server instance.
It is recommended to allow the following amount of space for the FSA Migrator database:
- Database: 5 GB
- Log: 500 MB
Note: It is recommended to configure best practice SQL Server maintenance plans and regularly backup the FSA Migrator database.
The following versions of Microsoft SQL Server are supported:
|Microsoft SQL Server 2000||Not supported|
|Microsoft SQL Server 2005||Supported|
|Microsoft SQL Server 2008||Supported|
|Microsoft SQL Server 2012||Supported|
Where appropriate both 32-bit and 64-bit versions of SQL are supported.