The Service Account is an account that is created in your Office 365 tenant and is used by Radar to access your Office 365 configuration details. When you sign up for Radar Reporting, you have the option to either create this Service Account manually or use our automated service to create it for you.
When you log in to your Office 365 as an Administrator, you will see this account along with all your other users.
The service account has the following characteristics to ensure the safety and security of your Office 365 environment:
- It is unlicenced and has no Office 365 mailbox ensuring that your organization is not charged by Microsoft for this account.
- A secure password, unique to your organization.
- Read-only access to your Office 365 environment. Quadrotech does not have the ability to make modifications to your Office 365 environment through this account.
This account is added to the following Office 365 built-in security groups:
- View-Only Organization Management
- Service Administrator – More information
This account must exist and be correctly configured before you can use Radar Reporting.