This article describes how to install Archive Shuttle Core and the Archive Shuttle Modules.
Note: Some components of Archive Shuttle have the capability to perform work using MAPI or EWS. These are:
- Enterprise Vault collector module (which can collect shortcuts from mailboxes)
- Shortcut Processing module (which can fix shortcuts, or delete them)
The use of MAPI for these, and other activities, is deprecated and will be removed in a future release of the product.
Note: Ensure migration environments are deployed with EWS configurations.
Overview of Archive Shuttle licensing
Archive Shuttle uses a license file that is bound to the domain name where the Archive Shuttle Core Server is installed. A license file must be obtained that covers the features and user/data amounts that are to be migrated.
The following types of Archive Shuttle license are available:
- Production license: This license has no time limits associated with it and has the amount of user licenses / data extraction licenses that have been purchased.
- Trial license: This license is time limited and allows testing the full functionality of Archive Shuttle for a limited time only. When the license expires, the software continues to run in a restricted, read-only mode, which allows for many Archive Shuttle activities to be performed except export/import of data.
Obtaining a license file
License files are issued by e-mail from Quadrotech upon purchase. If a trial license is needed, please contact Quadrotech Support.
Installing Archive Shuttle license files
The license file has to be installed on the Archive Shuttle Core Server.
The license file is requested during the Archive Shuttle Core installation.
Obtaining the software
A download link will be provided by Quadrotech.
Installing Archive Shuttle Core Server
Note: Before installing Archive Shuttle, check that all the prerequisites for the planned installation have been fulfilled
To install Archive Shuttle:
- Log in to the designated Archive Shuttle Core Server
- Double-click the ArchiveShuttle.xx-x.x.xxxx.x.msi file to start the installation.
Note: Setup scans the server to determine whether it meets the prerequisites and displays a report. Install any missing prerequisites, and restart setup
- Install the required Archive Shuttle components for this computer.
The requirements for an Archive Shuttle Core server are as follows:
- Core Service: Installs the Archive Shuttle Service that periodically executes Archive Shuttle tasks.
- Web Service: Installs the Archive Shuttle Web Services. These communicate with the Archive Shuttle modules by HTTP(S).
- Web Interface: Install the Archive Shuttle Web Interface. This is a web-based interface that enables administrators to manage Archive Shuttle.
4. Enter the account under which the components to be installed should run.
5. Enter the Archive Shuttle SQL Instance where the Archive Shuttle databases will be created. This can be:
Default instance: mySqlServerName.MyDomain.com
Named instance: mySqlServerName.MyDomain.com\MyInstanceName
6. Enter the folder where the Archive Shuttle logs should be stored.
7. Select the Archive Shuttle license file.
Note: It is essential to verify that the license information is correct. Otherwise, Archive Shuttle functionality may be disabled
After installation, open the Web Interface in Internet Explorer using one of the following URLs:
<hostname> is the name of the server where Archive Shuttle Core was installed. This can either be the fully qualified name, or just the hostname.
<ipaddress> is the IP Address of the server where Archive Shuttle Core was installed.
- For example, IPv4: 192.168.0.1
- For example, IPv6: [2001:db8:85a3::8a2e:370:7334]
Note: You may need to add the IP address of the Archive Shuttle server to the trusted zones in Internet Explorer.
The Archive Shuttle Web Interface Homepage should be displayed.