Sometime in PST migration projects, there is a need to update the license key within the product. This could be due to a transition from a demo setup into a full production migration, due to the project duration or scope superseding the time or features stipulated within the file, or for several other reasons.
Should an updated license file be required, please contact your Quadrdotech partner or representative to acquire the updated file. If you do not have a proper contact, please contact email@example.com to begin discussions on how to acquire an updated license key.
Once an updated license has been acquired, please follow the instructions below to ensure PST Flight Deck is utilizing the new file.
Steps to install the new license for PST Flight Deck (FD):
- Close all active FD consoles
- Stop FD Core service
- Copy the updated license file to the FD server
- Rename file to “license.lic”
- Browse to the FD install directory; default location C:\Program Files\QUADROtech\PST FlightDeck
- Copy “license.lic” file to the following locations under the install directory:
- Core Service
- Core WebService\Bin
- Start FD Core service
- Launch FD console and launch the “Info” menu in the upper left corner of the FD Admin Console as shown below:
9. Review product license information to ensure license file is properly recognized as shown below :
Should you have any questions as to if the license file was properly activated despite the verification above, you can always enable logging, restart the FD services, and review the Core log for any errors on startup.
From version 5.3 it is possible to load license via FD Admin Console.
FD Admin Console must be “Run as Administrator” to successfully perform this operation.
How to enable debug tracing for PST Flight Deck services: