There was an option in EVnearSync installation wizard to specify the accounts what can access the web interface (version 3.5 and lower).
This option has been removed in version 4.0. The permissions to access the web interface will be set by default only for the account the installation is running under (usually Enterprise Vault Service Account).
Therefore you might receive “401 – Unauthorized: Access is denied due to invalid credentials.” error if a different user is accessing the web interface after an initial install.
The issue is linked to missing permissions to access the EVnearSync web interface. Please follow these steps you add permissions for an additional user:
1. Go to the EVnearSync Core server (where EVnearSync Core Service is installed)
2. Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
3. Expand the structure on the left side of the screen and select “EVnearSync” (under Default Web Site):
4. Open .NET Authorization Rules from the features list:
5. Check the list of the users specified in the Allow rule:
6. If the user (you want to access the web interface with) is not listed here you can add it. Double-click on the selected rule:
Make sure you add the user including the domain name. The list is comma separated.