With PST Flight Deck 6.1 you can configure Shared Scanner from the PST Flight Deck console.
- PST Flight Deck version 6.1 or higher
- Shared Scanner
The configuration needs to be done on Shared Scanner and the PST Flight Deck side.
First, configure the Shared Scanner. Here’s how:
- Log in to the server on which Shared Scanner is installed. Log with the account under which Shared Scanner will be running.
- Navigate to Shared scanner installation directory. By default it’s C:\Program Files (x86)\Quadrotech\PST FlightDeck\File Scanner
- Open Config.xml
- Change <ConfigurationFromWebService>false</ConfigurationFromWebService> to <ConfigurationFromWebService>true</ConfigurationFromWebService>
- Save the change.
- Run the Shared Scanner executable.
Next, configure PST Flight Deck. Here’s how:
Note: Shared Scanner will require a new profile and File Scanner config file.
- Create a new File Scanner config file without any scan paths.
- Create a new user profile that uses the new File Config that you created in the previous step.
- In Manage > Users, search for the user account under which the Shared Scanner is running and assign the newly created profile.
- Go to Settings > Windows Migration Agent > Central Scanner. (NOTE: from FD version 7.0 and higher this tab is renamed and located under Settings > Environment > Shared Scanner).
- Select Add Central Scanner and choose the computer on which the Shared Scanner is installed.
- Add the preferred scanner shares to the Scan Path field.
Shared Scanner is now configured to receive configuration from the PST Flight Deck server. Ensure the Shared Scanner is restarted after this configuration takes place.
Shared Scanner will be performing the scan of shares based on the Last Scan and Scan Delay of the created File Scanner config file.
If a scan needs to be perform on specific days and times, it can be set in Settings > Windows Migration Agent > Central Scanner > Central scanner settings:
In PST Flight Deck version 7.0 the, Central scanner tab was renamed to Share Scanner and moved to Settings > Environment.