How to test that BITS uploads can occur
If you are having a widespread issues with uploading files or are just beginning your migration project it is sometimes useful to confirm BITS configuration on the PST Flight Deck (Flight Deck) server is able to upload files. The following discusses the process of testing the functionality outside of the Agent and with an independent utility.
The following article describes how to test the ability to reach the server, download and use the desired configuration file, and upload a file to the new BITS “Upload Location” . This testing will be performed by the “BitsTester” application found in the FD Agent’s install directory (Default C:\Program Files\QUADROtech\Migration Agent).
- Open Windows Explorer and browse to the install path of the FD agent
- Double-click on the “BitsTester.exe” application seen in Fig 2.
- Click the Detect button in the resultant BitsTester application
- Successful result will show something config file downloaded from FD server as seen in Fig 3.
- Upon download of config file from the server, click the test button.
- Results pane will run through a few short steps and if successful will result in a window similar to what is seen in Fig 4.