This article explains how user-level details are hidden in the Office 365 Admin Center when generating reports. We can use this feature when generating reports like OneDrive or usage reports without showing names and email addresses. In this way, user identities are protected.
To be able to carry out these steps, you will need to log in to the Office 365 Admin Center with administrator credentials
- From the admin center, click the Show all ellipsis to display Settings
2. Under Settings, Click Org settings
3. Under the Services tab, scroll down the list and select Reports. A properties dialog box opens
4. In the dialog box, turn on the option to Display anonymous identifiers instead of user, group, or site names in all reports
5. Click Save. Once changes have been applied, you can go back to reports to see the applied settings. Your users details should appear in the report like this:
It is also possible to anonymize data in Radar Reporting independently from O365 reports. You can read more about it here