You may want to see assigned licenses for a specific license within your environment over a certain period of time. The step by step process below explains how to do that.
Note: Our license example is PowerBI, but use which license is relevant to your environment as you go through the steps.
How to create this report
- Click Create Report.
- Enter a report title, for example Power BI licenses over time.
- Click the plus sign to add a section to the report, and a description if desired.
- Add a title and description for your section.
- Choose the Tenant License History data source under the License Data data source category.
- Click table.
- Under Select fields, choose:
- The date of the statistics snapshot
- License Name
- Assigned Units
- This will then show the amount of licenses you currently have assigned to each license you have within your environment. However, we want to see just the license assignment of Power BI. To do this, we need to click Add filter group.
- On Select field, choose License Name.
- On Select operator, choose contains.
- In Enter filter value, enter Power BI.
- Note: There are different license types with PowerBI. If you would like to search for a specific license i.e. Power BI Pro, instead of contains in select operator, choose is equal to, then enter Power BI Pro.
- Enter your offset and limits (see below).
- Sort the date in ascending or descending order, depending on your preference.
- Save your report.
Your table should look a little like the one below.
Offset & Limits
Your offset and limits refer to the dates of your table. For example, if you wanted a table representing the previous 14 days, enter 14 into your limits box.
You can go back days, weeks, months or even years depending on your needs.