This article will explain the process you will need to follow in order to setup Nova/Radar for SharePoint Online reports. The process will take you through granting the existing Nova/Radar Reporting service account permissions to read SharePoint data and setting up the Site Collection reports with the Nova/Radar application.
Granting access to the Nova/Radar Reporting Service Account
1. Log into the Office 365 Portal
2. In the navigation pane on the left, Under Admin centers, select SharePoint. This will take you to the SharePoint admin centers in a new window
3. In the Admin center, Click on More features on the left pane and select the Classic site collections page. A Manage site collections window will open up with a list of site collections.
4. A site collection URL will need to be selected from the list in order to activate the icons. Once a URL that you would like to add into Radar for Office 365 Reports is selected, choose Owners > Manage Administrators
5. A new pop up window will come up with two options. In the box beside Site Collection Administrators, type in the name of the Radar Reporting service account you used when you initially signed up for Radar for Office 365 Reports.
Note: If when you signed up you chose ‘Automatic Signup’ then the service account will be called ‘RadarReporting’
6. The permissions should now be applied to the service account.
Note: Sometimes issues in the back-end replication can lead to this not always being the case. To confirm that all has been applied correctly on Microsoft’s servers, navigate to your site collection’s Administrator Management page. The service account should be listed in the box with the other admins.
Adding in your Site Collection in Nova
- Log into Nova and select Radar Classic or System Administrator role and go to Setting (cog icon in top right corner)
- From opened menu select Reporting from Application Settings section
- Select SharePoints Reports and add Site Collection you granted access in steps above with +Add button
- You can add one or multiple Site Collections. If the rights are granted correctly the status will change from Pending to Verified after next collection
Adding in your Site Collection in Radar
1. Log into Radar for Office 365 Reports
2. Under Profile & Settings, select SharePoint Report
3. Enter the URL of the Site Collection you granted access to and click Add Site Collection
4. The Site Collection will show as Pending. When the initial collection has finished this will show a status as Verified.