This article explains how you can correctly change the service account password for Nova Reporting. We recommend that you do this on a regular basis to ensure continued security within your environment.
Office 365 Admin Portal
To change your password for the service account:
- Log into your Microsoft Office 365 portal as an Administrator.
- Go to the Admin Center.
- Select Active Users, click Search and type in the name of the service account.
- Select the user and chose Reset Password.
Note: ensure that you DO NOT select require this user to change their password when they first sign in.
Tenant Management System Client
- Once you have the password, log into the Tenant Management System Client (TMS Client)
- Navigate to the Service Accounts tab:
- Click on the ellipsis and select edit.
- Add a new password to the password field and the do the same to the Confirm password field.
- Click Confirm to update the password for service account.
Please note that normally this password will expire after a few days. We advise to mark this date and update the SA password before this happens.
If your company policy allows to use the password without an expiration, please refer to the following article for instructions and use this option for the service account password.