Sometimes it’s hard to determine which log file needs to be reviewed when you want to monitor performance, check command progress, or investigate an issue.
This article provides a basic overview of Archive Shuttle log files.
The Archive Shuttle core log and webservice log files could be found on the Archive Shuttle core machine (i.e. :\Program Files\QUADROtech\Logs) and the Archive Shuttle module log files could be found either on the machine where the modules are installed (i.e. :\Program Files (x86)\QUADROtech\Logs) or on the Archive Shuttle core machine (i.e. :\Program Files\QUADROtech\Logs).
These are the most important:
1) GUI log file – webui.txt
- The log file contains information about what is happening with the Archive Shuttle graphical user interface (GUI).
- Look into this log file to see why the mapping was not created via bulk mapping wizard.
- This log file is at TRACE level by default.
2) WebService log file – ArchiveShuttle.WebServicesLog.txt
- The log file stores all information about communication between Archive Shuttle core, Archive Shuttle modules, and Archive Shuttle database.
- Shows which task/command was queued/executed, and if the databases are current.
3) Module core part of the log file
- Contains all communication between the Archive Shuttle core and the Archive Shuttle module. The log name ends with .Core.txt, for example: ArchiveShuttle.WebServicesLog.Hostname.ModuleName.Core.txt and could be found on the AS Core machine
4) Module client part of the log file
- Contains information about all executed commands, performance, execution statistics, etc. (depends on the module type).
- The log name ends with .Client.txt i.e.: ArchiveShuttle.WebServicesLog.Hostname.Module.Client.txt and could be found on the AS Core machine, or it is named AS_EVCollector_Log.txt and could be found on the machine where the modules were installed