The page shows all Links in the environment (e.g., Vault Stores, Exchange Mailbox databases) that were discovered through the Active Directory Collector Modules, and the Enterprise Vault Collector Modules. It also shows links that were created manually (e.g. Native Format Links, and Office 365 links).
For each link, you can see the following information:
- Type: Enterprise Vault, Exchange, Office 365, or PST.
- Name: Name of the link. This is usually the Vault Store name or the Exchange database name. For links that were created manually it will be the name that was chosen.
- Computer Name: The name of the server hosting the link. This is usually the Enterprise Vault server or the Exchange server.
- AS DB: If an Archive Shuttle Item database has been created for this Link. A green and white check mark will be displayed if the database exists.
- Failed Item Threshold: The failed item threshold that has been configured for this link.
- Number of Containers: Container Count for this Link
- Associated Modules: This grid will show the module to link mappings that have been defined.
- Staging Area Path: Path used for export or import for this link
Note: The Archive Shuttle Active Directory Collector, and Enterprise Vault Collector may have already scanned Active Directory and pre-populated some of the information on this page.
Actions to be performed on the Links page
- Create PST Link: Provides the ability to create a new PST link. It is possible to choose a name for the link, and to specify the PST Output Path where final PST files will be placed
- Create O365 Link: Provides the ability to create a new Office 365 link. It is possible to choose a name for the link.
- Create Proofpoint Link: Provides the ability to create a new Proofpoint link. It is possible to choose a name for the link, and to specify the output folder.
- Create Database: Create an Item database for the selected Link.
Note: The source Link needs to be of type “Enterprise Vault”. An Item database should be created for each Enterprise Vault source Vault Store.
You need to provide the following information:
- Link SQL Server: The SQL Server name / instance where you want to create the Link database. This can be a hostname, a Fully Qualified Domain Name, an IP Address or all of the previous with a SQL Named Instance provided.
- SQL Database Name
Default: ArchiveShuttleItem_<linkID>. Read only.
- Map Modules: Provides the ability to allocate modules to this link.
Note: Multiple links can be selected and modules allocated to them.
- Use Local Modules: Attempts to automatically map modules to this link based on the modules that may be already deployed to the servers involved. For example, if the Archive Shuttle EV Collector Module, Export Module and Provisioning Module have already been deployed on a particular Enterprise Vault server when “Auto Map Modules” is selected for a vault store that resides on this server, those three modules will be automatically mapped to the link.Use Local Modules
- Threshold: Define an error threshold for the migration. If the count of failed messages is below this threshold, the migration is still considered successful, and Stage 2 will continue at the appropriate time.
- Set Export Path: This option should be configured when reviewing failed items, and moving them to a secondary location. This location is where those items will be moved to from the regular staging area.
- Staging Area Path: Defines a path to which items should be exported, and items ingested. Multiple links can share the same export/import path, or they can be separate in order to distribute the exported data ready for ingestion. This path can be overridden on individual links if required.
- PST Output Path: Allows the configuration of a PST Output Path for links where the type is PST. The output Path can be an UNC Path or an Azure Blob Storage Account.
- Temporary Path: Allows the configuration of a temporary path to store PST files while they are processed on PST as a Target. It is recommended that this is FAST disk (Preferrably SSD)
- Refresh: Refresh the contents of the grid.
- Columns: Allows the selection of additional data columns that can be added to the grid.
- Reset: Reset the columns and grid layout to their defaults.
- Sync Mailboxes: Synchronizes mailbox information from Office 365 to Archive Shuttle
- Cleanup Staging Area: Issues a command to the Archive Shuttle modules to clean up the staging area of already imported files. The EVExport, and all Import Modules will receive the command.
- Enable/Disable/Run-Now Archive Gathering: Allows quick access to the functionality provided on the EV Environment page. These buttons allow for archive gathering to be enabled or disabled for a link, and to issue the command to perform archive gathering now.
- Enable/Disable Offline Mode: When a link is enabled for offline mode, it will perform migration based on the Offline Media that has been configured for it. The staging area, if shown on this page, will not be used.
- Set Rollover Threshold: Specify the size in MB, or number of items that PST files should be rolled over.
- Watermark: The high and low watermarks can be configured per link. More information on the functionality of the high and low watermarks is available in the section relating to System Health.