Data anonymization is the process of encrypting personally identifiable information (PII) like names and email addresses from reports, so that users’ identities remain unknown. This protects sensitive information from people who don’t need to access it.
There are two options for using data anonymization in Radar Reporting:
- Enable for Everyone: This means no one is able to see any PII in the reports that include it.
- Enable on a Per-User basis: This allows certain user accounts, or Admins, to see PII in the reports that include it.
Anonymize data in Radar Reporting
- Log in to the O365 portal as an admin.
- Select the cog icon in the top right corner of screen. Select Profile & Settings.
- Go to the Application Settings tab.
- Select the option you want to enable. Preferences can be changed at any time.
Anonymize data in custom reports
You can also anonymize data for existing saved or scheduled reports. This can be done for emailed reports, as well. To do this, follow steps below:
- Go to Saved Reports & Alerts.
- Select the report for which you want to change configuration.
- If you want to change the configuration for a scheduled report, select the Schedule option. For emailed reports, select the Email option.
- Switch the option to Anonymize This Report to Yes.